Börsipäev 27. august - Investment topic - Forum - LHV financial portal

LHV financial portal

Forum Investment topic

Börsipäev 27. august

• USA futuurid tegid kerge hüppe kui avaldati USA teise kvartali majanduskasvu esmakordse ülevaatamise tulemused. SKP kasv vaadati esialgselt 3 protsendilt alla 2,8 protsendile, mis vastas ka täpselt turu ootustele. Üldpilt jäi siiski muutusteta, kaubavahetusdefitsiit oli oodatust veidi suurem, samas oli parem olukord tarbijakulutuste ja investeeringute osas.

Endiselt on fookuses pooljuhtide aktsiad. Kiipide tootja Novellus (NVLS) teatas, et firma müük ja kasum jäävad projektsioonide alumisse piirkonda ning peamiseks põhjuseks on klientide orderite edasilükkamine. Aktsia eelturul üle protsendi plussis, kuna viimasel ajal on investorite meeleolu antud sektori osas olnud väga tume.

Oracle (ORCL) teatas, et pikendab PeopleSofti (PSFT) ülevõtmispakkumise tähtaega 10 septembrini. Oracle teatas, et seni on pakkumises osalenud 21,69 miljonit aktsiat.

Cody Willard:

Good morning and welcome to Desolate Street -- er, Wall Street. It's a Friday in late August, which means things would be slow anyway, but with the Republican National Convention in town to boot, I've nary a NYC-based friend in town anymore. This likely means that volume will remain tepid (or outright faint). And low volume doesn't just mean it's not a KISS concert -- it also means that the potential for some wild intraday choppiness is in place as it won't take much to move stocks and indices around.

Speaking of volume: From Rev Shark and Charles Norton to most every technical analyst and trader on television and everyone else I talk to, most everybody is doubting the "realness" of this rally we've had. I'm inclined to look for some pullbacks here and there, especially as quickly as we've spiked here recently, but the pessimism and skepticism about the recent rise "speaks volumes" about how the bear market of 2000-2002 is still fresh on everyone's minds.

One of my biggest concerns about the bullish case is that bear-market memory mindset on the Street. I talk sometimes about George Soros' "reflexivity" theories, and that's because they make sense to me. In this case, the question is whether the giant pullback in tech stocks will partly cause (or has already caused) the "cautiousness" that tech firms are citing. Put simplistically, are executives around the world saying, "Well, Wall Street knows at least as much as we do, and they say business is going to be horrid from here. We better be careful with those budgets and strategies."

Oil's up a little bit today. The tragedy in Russia (which I might add, has been all the rage in bear circles where they see it as another reason for the next big leg down -- classy, eh?) is increasingly looking terror-related, and that's got traders (including me) a little more jittery about things this morning, even as it's really no surprise that it was a terrorist attack. Futures looking flattish.

Gary B. Smith:

• Gapping Up

TECD +4.4% (reports JulQ, First Albany upgrade), COH +3.6% (selected for addition to the S&P 500 Index), TUTR +23% (reports JulQ), LCAV +6.6% (Raymond James upgrade on valuation), CHINA +4.6% (completes acquisition of Ross Systems), PSFT +3% (Oracle extends PeopleSoft $21/share hostile offer; Prudential says imminent decision on ORCL-DOJ trail could boost PSFT), MEDI +2.9% (benefits from CHIR's Fluvirin delay), TASR +1.9% (more indications that Russia plane crashes were terror-related), NVLS +1.6% (mid-qtr update), KLAC +1.5% (Jefferies upgrade).

Gapping Down

CHIR -9.4% (Fluvirin delay; Baird and Deutsche downgrades), LTXX -9.1% (beats by $0.01 but guides lower), DCGN -17% (auditors resign), CPN -5.6%, CHU -4.6% (Goldman downgrade), INFY -3.8%, SNDA -3% (Goldman downgrade).... Under $3: SYNC -20% (reports JulQ; JP Morgan downgrade).
  • Hmm..kaks nädalat tõusu ja pulle pole ollagi. Vaatasin just eilset pullide karude suhet ja olin kindel, et pulle on juurde tulnud. Seis on selline nagu eelmise aasta aprillis-mais. Tundub, et turuosalised on väga kindlad selles, et ei tõuse see turg kuhugi - kohe läheb languseks. Seetõttu on ka karuseid rohkem. Mida rahvas arvab?
  • Kui pulle pole ollagi,kuda me siis rohelises kogu aeg oleme?
  • Tundub, et vähemalt mõneks ajaks on juba piisavalt palju halbu uudised pooljuhtide hindadesse sisse arvatud. Negatiivsetele uudistele ning UBSi ja Banc of America poolt alandatud hinnasihtidele vaatamata kaupleb Novellus (NVLS) 2,8 protsenti, SOX pisut üle protsendi jagu plussis.
  • Jube passimine käib juba paar päeva.
    Not good for daytraders:)

Threads list

Cookies

LHV website uses cookies to provide you with the best user experience. By clicking "I accept", you consent to the use of all cookies. Read more about the principles of using cookies.

pirukas_icon