Börsipäev 13. veebruar - Investment topic - Forum - LHV financial portal

LHV financial portal

Forum Investment topic

Börsipäev 13. veebruar

• First Solar (FSLR) reports Q4 (Dec) earnings of $0.77 per share, $0.24 better than the First Call consensus of $0.53; revenues rose 26.3% year/year to $200.8 mln vs the $179.6 mln consensus.

``During the fourth quarter of 2007 we benefited from the full capacity and economies of scale of our Frankfurt/Oder plant. This combined with continued throughput and conversion efficiency gains afforded us strong operating leverage and decreased our manufacturing cost per watt by 12% year over year to $1.12 per watt in the fourth quarter of 2007, further solidifying our cost leadership position in the industry,'' said Michael J. Ahearn, Chief Executive Officer of First Solar.

• Jaemüüginäitajad on oodatust tugevamad ning turud on eelturul rallit tegemas. S&P500 futuurid hetkel ca +0.8% ja Nasdaqi NQ +1.0%. Kuigi oodatust paremad numbrid on tervitatavad, tasuks hoida siiski ettevaatlikku tooni. Juba eilne päevalõpp tõestas, et närvilisus ja hirm languse ees on väga suur ning kui üks doominokivi kukkuma hakkab, liigub kogu krempel robinal järgi. Ehk ilusate numbrite taustal soovitan gap upi puhul siiski skeptilist meelt hoida.

Retail Sales ex-auto +0.3% vs +0.2% consensus
    Retail Sales +0.3% vs -0.3% consensus
  • USA turud on päeva alustamas ca 1%lise ülevaltpoolt avanemisega.

Saksamaa DAX +0.13%

Prantsusmaa CAC 40 +0.82%

Inglismaa FTSE 100 -0.44%

Hispaania IBEX +0.20%

Venemaa MICEX +1.16%

Poola WIG +0.66%

Aasia turud:

Jaapani Nikkei 225 +0.36%

Hong Kongi Hang Seng +1.08%

Hiina Shanghai A (kodumaine) -2.37%

Hiina Shanghai B (välismaine) -2.30%

Lõuna-Korea Kosdaq -0.06%

Tai Set +1.66%

India Sensex +2.05%

• Don't Get Caught Up in the Day-to-Day
    By Rev Shark
    RealMoney.com Contributor
    2/13/2008 8:07 AM EST

Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle.
    --Swahili warrior song

Although the market has made some progress in recent days, it hasn't been easy. Buyers worry that there will be more problems in the financial sector and that economic weakness will continue to grow. That has caused recent rally attempts to quickly lose steam and has kept the downtrend that started in October intact.

But it is the way in which we deal with this struggle that will ultimately determine our success. One great certainty about the market is that conditions will change, and if we persevere long enough, we will ultimately be successful.

What has made the market particularly tricky lately is that it is rewarding a very short-term time frame. Buying longer-term positions, with a few exceptions, has been very difficult lately since so few are offering good technical setups.

Doug Kass asked me yesterday what it would take for me to be more positive about the market. My answer was that I'll be more positive when I start seeing charts that I'm willing to hold for weeks or months rather than flip for quick trades. My view of the market has nothing to do with trying to time the exact moment we hit the lows. I'm focused on finding the point when the risk to the downside has diminished sufficiently that I can be more confident in holding positions for longer periods of time.

There are always good trades to be found in the market if your time frame is short enough. What is much more difficult is putting substantial capital to work for a longer holding period at the right time. That time will come but we have to contend with the struggle for now and not be overly anxious to declare that the worst is over.

The best way for most individual investors to make big money in the stock market is to identify a major trend and ride it. Unfortunately, there is a great tendency for the financial media to focus intently on shorter-term turning points, which confuses things greatly. Everyone wants to be sure they are in the second that we hit bottom, so they end up getting excited over the day-to-day gyrations.

You don't have to be in the market at the very bottom to profit from a major trend. Trends will last many months and give you plenty of time to make money. The important thing is to stay disciplined while seeking out those longer-term buys and not just jumping in because the media is excited about a one-day rally.

We have a lot of struggle right now, but that struggle is what will build up bases and form the charts that will excel when market conditions improve. We are already seeing some promising developments in the bottoming process, but it is too early to declare that the worst is over. Stay optimistic, but in the meanwhile, a shorter-term time frame will serve you well.

We had a number of good earnings reports from the likes of Applied Materials (AMAT) , Deere (DE) , Coca-Cola (KO) and First Solar (FSLR) , which are helping the tone this morning. Retail sales numbers are coming up and will be important in determining the mood. The key for this market now is to continue to rally on good news rather than reverse like we saw yesterday.

No positions.
    -------------------------
    Ülespoole avanevad:

In reaction to strong earnings/guidance: FSLR +21.3%, CPSS +13.3%, XNN +13.2%, BWLD +12.2%, ATAR +11.9%, XPRT +11.0%, VOLC +8.9%, WSPI +8.8%, RICK +5.6%, OCNF +4.7%, CEPH +4.3% (upgraded to Strong Buy at Broadpoint), PFCB +3.7%, BOBE +3.6%, JNY +3.6%, GXDX +1.6%, ABD +1.5%, NTWK +1.3%, KO +1.1%, VG +1.0%... Other news: BRKS +4.6% (Rio Tinto posts solid results, says BHP must boost offer 'considerably' - WSJ), TASR +2.8% (announces 3 more product liability lawsuit dismissals), DNA +2.2% (announces Avado study of Avastin Plus docetaxel chemotherapy showed improved progression-free survival in patients with advanced breast cancer), CECO +1.7% (announces co-wide restructuring as part of long term growth strategy), PNCL +1.5% (releases January performance data for Colgan Air and Pinnacle Airlines), INTV +1.3% (secures multi-million dollar expansion contract with major U.S. telecommunications company)... Analyst upgrades: DYN +3.3% (upgraded to Buy at Citigroup), BCSI +2.5% (initiated with a Buy at Brean Murray), SGP +1.9% (upgraded to Buy at BofA), VRX +1.7% (upgraded to Peer Perform at Bear Sterns), HL +1.3% (upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital).

Allapoole avanevad:

In reaction to weak earnings/guidance: NILE -25.7% (downgraded to Hold at Citigroup), ATAC -10.3%, DF -9.4%, CSCD -9.0%, OSUR -8.5%, MOSY -5.6%, ANAD -5.4%, DAKT -5.0%, HCSG -5.0%, WYNN -3.2%, DE -1.1%, MT -1.0%... Other news: ABB -6.2% (CEO Kindle quits over `irreconcilable differences' - Bloomberg.com), TS -2.3% (showing weakness after trading lower overseas)... Analyst downgrades: DKS -1.7% (downgraded to Neutral at Susquenna), ACI -1.7% (downgraded to Neutral at Calyon), MS -1.2% (downgraded to Perform at Oppenheimer).
  • Tänane turu tõus on olnud väga ilus ja muutumas ühe laiapõhjalisemaks. Finantssektori liikumist kajastav XLF on samuti päeva tippudele jõudnud, kuid veel -0.6%.
  • Samas XLF-i suuremad komponendid kõik peale AIG ilusti tõusus ja AIG samuti vahepeal positiivsel poolel ära käinud. Suuremad komponendid moodustavad 70% XLF-ist, misstõttu jääb XLF-i 0.6% negatiivsus suht arusaamatuks.
  • XLF on veidsa ettevaatav;)
    võrreldes komponentidega
  • Bush signs $168 billion Stimulus Package into law

Kui ma õigesti mäletan, siis oli see Morgan Stanley, kes prognoosis riiklike abinõude kasutusele võtmise tulemusena USA kolmanda kvartali majanduskasvuks 4.5%, kusjuures esimest kahte kvartalit nähakse miinusmärgiga. Viimases kvartalis abinõude mõju väheneb, kasv jääb ca +2% juurde ning samasugusena peaks see jätkuma ka järgmisel aastal.
  • WSJ andmetele tuginedes peab Yahoo (YHOO) läbirääkimisi News Corp'iga (NWS) jõudude ühendamiseks:

WSJ reports that News Corp (NWS.A) and YHOO are in talks about combining MySpace and other News Corp-owned online properties with Yahoo, in a move aimed at fending off Microsoft's (MSFT) takeover bid.

Threads list

Cookies

LHV website uses cookies to provide you with the best user experience. By clicking "I accept", you consent to the use of all cookies. Read more about the principles of using cookies.

pirukas_icon