Börsipäev 22. juuni - Investeerimine - Foorum - LHV finantsportaal

LHV finantsportaal

Foorum Investeerimine

Börsipäev 22. juuni

Kommentaari jätmiseks loo konto või logi sisse

• Eilne tugev päeva algus müüdi õhtuks miinusesse ning sellega kärbiti pisut pullide hoogu. USA majandusraportitest väärib jälgimist täna kell 17.00 avalikustatav maikuu olemasolevate eluasemete annualiseeritud müüginumber, kust oodatakse 6.1 miljonilist näitu.

Võrreldes eilsete sulgumistasemetega on USA indeksite futuurid hetkel suuresti muutumata.
  • USA eelturg on võrreldes hommikuga veelgi allapoole vajunud ning indeksid praegu ca -0,4%.

Euroopa turud:

Saksamaa DAX -0,87%
    Pantsusmaa CAC 40 -1,30%
    Suurbritannia FTSE100 -1,64%
    Hispaania IBEX 35 -1,37%
    Rootsi OMX 30 -0,60%
    Venemaa MICEX -1,38%
    Poola WIG -0,79%

Aasia turud:
    Jaapani Nikkei 225 -1,22%
    Hong Kongi Hang Seng -0,45%
    Hiina Shanghai A (kodumaine) +0,09%
    Hiina Shanghai B (välismaine) +0,43%
    Lõuna-Korea Kosdaq -0,34%
    Tai Set 50 -0,48%
    India Sensex 30 -0,71%

• A Nervous Feel
    By Rev Shark
    RealMoney.com Contributor
    6/22/2010 8:16 AM EDT

We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
    -- Jim Rohn

The market action on Monday was a disappointment. After consolidating for three days above key resistance, we were in good shape for another leg up. We had good news about the Chinese allowing the yuan to strengthen, which produced a strong gap to the upside, but it was straight down the rest of the day. The buyers showed no interest after we gapped up, which is a change from the typical Monday action we have seen since the lows in March 2009.

Technically the S&P 500 hold above the very important support at the 200-day simple moving average at the close, but futures indicate that we will breach that level this morning.

We have to focus on whether we have the makings of another failed bounce or whether this is just some further consolidation of recent gains. The steady trend down and the close at the lows yesterday have negative implications and set the stage for further downside.

The biggest positive the bulls have is that we are fast approaching the end of the quarter. Not only do we have the potential for some markups, but the rebalancing of the Russell indices is going to stir up some action in the next few days.

After the disappointment yesterday, the key thing here is to be disciplined and tighten up stops. The action suggests that we hit a short-term top and that there may be more downside to come in the near term, especially with a breach of the 1110 area of the S&P 500. The next major area of support is 1075, and then we are looking at testing the lows of the year around 1050.

I'm looking for the market to find some support, maybe around 1100, and then make another upward stab to end the quarter. After that we have earnings season ... but we'll worry about that later. Right now I want to make sure I keep a very tight rein on positions.

I'm still very interested in playing some of the Russell index additions into the rebalancing at the close on Friday. I believe there will be some good opportunities and I'm tracking the 250 or so additions for increases in volume and unusual price action. A further pullback for a day or two would be a good setup for some upside action on Thursday and Friday.

Overseas markets are all red and the mood feels nervous. I want to see if the dip-buyers show better interest this morning than they did yesterday. If we don't see them jump in pretty quickly this morning, I'll be looking for some downside plays. The action yesterday did a lot to temper my optimism about the bulls' ability to pull off another "V"-shaped bounce, but we'll see if they can regroup this morning.
    -----------------------------------
    Briefing.com vahendusel:
    Ülespoole avanevad:

M&A news: SNWL +5.3% (board issues letter to shareholders urging them to vote for the previously announced merger).

Other news: PLUG +20.4% (Walmart Canada to use GenDrive fuel cells from Plug Power), MIPI +13.3% ( receives third extension of waiver agreement with bondholders), LXRX +8.1% (presents data describing LX4211 positive phase 2 clinical results and novel mechanism of action for Type 2), EXTR +7.0% (light volume; announced that the Austrian Ministry of the Interior selected its data center, edge and aggregation network solutions), CYPB +5.9% (modestly rebounding), XOMA +3.2% (announced publication of data from a mouse model of diet-induced obesity in the June, 2010 edition of the journal Endocrinology), AFFY +3.1% (receives $30 mln milestone payments for database lock of Phase 3 clinical trials for Hematide/peginesatide), PCS +1.7% (Cramer makes positive comments on MadMoney), FRX +1.3% (Forest Labs and Merz announce FDA approval of NAMENDA XR for the treatment of moderate to severe dementia of the alzheimer's type), SNY +1.2% (Alnylam Pharma and Isis provide update on Regulus' strategic alliance with Sanofi-Aventis), QCOM +1.0% (still checking for anything specific), SNDK +0.9% and AKAM +0.8% (Cramer makes positive comments on MadMoney), LMT +0.8% (DoD awards co $5 bln contract for contractor logistics support services in support of US SOCOM worldwide), .

Analyst comments: SD +2.3% (initiated with a Buy at Wunderlich), LNCR +1.4% (upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank).

Allapoole avanevad:

AIB -4.7%, PCX -4.7%, SONC -3.0%, RGLD -2.2%, DB -1.2%, BP -1.1%, TOT -1.0%.
  • May Existing Home Sales 5.66 mln vs 6.10 mln Briefing.com consensus; M/M -2.2% (488.25 +0.11)
  • Apple confirms it sold 3 mln iPads in 80 Days
  • Fitch says the UK Budget statement is "strong statement of intent" to accelerate path of deficit reduction and stabilize and reduce the public debt burden
  • Spike in offshore drillers attributed to headlines suggesting a judge ruled against the deepwater drilling moratorium
  • Today after the close look for ADBE, APOG, FUL, JBL, PRGS and RHT to report. Tomorrow, before the open, look for CSIQ, KMX, and RAD to report results.

Teemade nimekirja

Küpsised

Et pakkuda sulle parimat kasutajakogemust, kasutame LHV veebilehel küpsiseid. Valides "Nõustun", annad nõusoleku kõikide küpsiste kasutamiseks. Tutvu küpsiste kasutamise põhimõtetega.

pirukas_icon