Tradestation - Investeerimine - Foorum - LHV finantsportaal

LHV finantsportaal

Foorum Investeerimine

Tradestation

Kommentaari jätmiseks loo konto või logi sisse

• Tervist,

Kas keegi Eestis kasutab ülalpool mainitud programmi? On see programm väärt oma (kõrget) hinda?

boyplunger
  • ülalpool ei maini keegi mingist programmist, ärka üles boy...
  • Endal antud programmi kasutamise kogemust ei ole.
    Aga hinnangud mida olen lugenud on tihti negatiivsed (vähemalt minu jaoks).
    Järgnevalt üks ilmekamaid.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 1:05 PM

I've tried Tradestation, and Omega's full version called ProSuite with Tradestation, Option Station and Radar Station. I wish I could be more
    positive, as there are apparently out their some traders who really like the system. My experience was not so good.
    While the robustness of the applications is nice, and you can do a lot of different things, and back testing is much better than AIQ, there are many system problems. First, as to tickers, data feed is up to the data vendor you select. They recommend cable or sattellite real-time. PC Quote is internet, and only allows 1000 symbols real time. You still need a very very fast internet connection if you go that route. If you think Dial Data is slow, wait until you try Omega's end-of-day service. On a very high speed cable connection, it was still doing it's initial download when my system crashed two days later!
    After many attempts, I finally got the initial download done. Then I discovered the huge drain on system resources. Just starting the darn thing
    takes as long as 10 minutes, many times it locks up and you must reboot. I run a 600mhz Pentium III with 256mb RAM. I think that should suffice for most applications. In fact, one of the Omega techs told me that it works better with a gig of RAM, on it's own standalone PC. This is just too much for me to deal with. To those that are ok with this, it is maybe a good tool.

Oh, and if you trade options, just wait until it tries to download all the option symbols for a large database of stocks. At somewhere around 100,000 symbols, just to get an option strategy, it could take a month without a
    direct data feed.

Now, I am interested in the best trading software, just like you. But for $4000 ($299 per month for 16 months) plus $200 month or more in data costs, considering the headaches of running it, Omega in my opinion does not deliver the goods. They sure do deliver a lot of marketing hype though. It would be great if I were to discover how to avoid the problems I have
    described, and I would be interested to hear other's experiences that might help me choose the best trading software.

Hope this helps.
    Ron Scott

Seega paistab enamuse kasutajate jaoks olevat liiga suur tükk. Arvestades nõudmisi riistvarale ja sidele ning kõrget hinda - on väga raske kulutusi tasa teha.
    Kindlasti on ka neid kelle jaoks on see programm sobiv.

Teemade nimekirja

Küpsised

Et pakkuda sulle parimat kasutajakogemust, kasutame LHV veebilehel küpsiseid. Valides "Nõustun", annad nõusoleku kõikide küpsiste kasutamiseks. Tutvu küpsiste kasutamise põhimõtetega.

pirukas_icon