I'm so excited... - Investeerimine - Foorum - LHV finantsportaal

LHV finantsportaal

Foorum Investeerimine

I'm so excited...

Kommentaari jätmiseks loo konto või logi sisse

• Vaadake ka sellist saiti: www.dailyspecualtions.com

Kas nüüd alljärgneva jutu põhjal otseselt raha teha saab, aga väike iva on asjas kindlasti sees.

We’re so excited

Jack Tierney, a Tennessee philosopher who spent many years in
    newspapers, came up with a phrase tell that could be applied directly to the
    stock market. Anybody who comes up with a way to test this concept will win
    an official Speculator cane:

A good number of
    years ago the gentleman who first hired me was suddenly replaced by a “young
    Turk" who was obviously on a career path to the top. The newcomer's knowledge
    and interest in our functions was superficial at best; my former boss' life
    had been spent in the creative end of advertising so, following generally accepted
    business practices, he was made Assistant Purchasing Manager. In his farewell
    address to us he stated that he was “excited about his new position.” The word
    “excited” struck me as so inappropriate and inaccurate, and its dissonance has
    never left me.

Yet in the years
    that followed, I've discovered it has become the accepted way of spinning a
    disastrous occurrence. Whenever I hear an executive say that he's excited about
    recent negative developments, it's time to walk away from that stock...chances
    are he is neither excited nor optimistic. Following are four examples (out of
    15,600) grabbed from Google to underscore this:

(Note from the
    Specs: We have added the performance of each stock vs. the S&P 500 beneath
    Tierney’s quotes)

May 28, 2002: Global
    Crossing Intends to Propose Company-Sponsored Restructuring Plan To Creditors.
    Mr. Legere said: “While we are approaching the future and our forecasts pragmatically,
    we are as passionate about our business, our network and the value we bring
    to customers as we ever were. We believe investors recognize this and ARE EXCITED
    about participating in this next chapter of industry growth."

(GLBXQ
    -73%; S&P 500 –16%)

Jan. 17, 2000:
    Bell & Howell Co. has announced that it plans a major

restructuring that
    will split the company into two new companies...James P.

Roemer, Bell &
    Howell chairman, president, and CEO, said: "WE'RE EXTREMELY

EXCITED about these
    very positive steps for Bell & Howell.

(PQE
    –41%; S&P 500 –21%)

July 19, 2001:
    Network Commerce Announces Successes in Financial Restructuring. Dwayne Walker,
    Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "While we still face challenges,
    we are proud of the progress we have made on our business and financial restructuring
    efforts. WE ARE VERY EXCITED about the potential synergies from further integration
    of our remaining core businesses.”

(NWKC
    –94%; S&P 500 –35%)

Feb. 20, 1997:
    Glenn Fitchet, President and Chief Executive Officer of Vodavi, stated, "While
    we are disappointed and frustrated by the events leading up to our decision
    to take the restructuring charges associated with Enhanced, we firmly believe
    that this decision is correct and will prove to be in the best interests of
    our stockholders. Fitchet added "The management changes at Enhanced have
    already proven to be beneficial. The combination of the strong core operations
    and the recent changes at Enhanced HAVE US EXCITED about the future potential
    of the business."

(VTEK
    –2%; S&P 500 +42%)

• Ülalpool kirjapandu on pärit Victor Niederhoffer'i sulest artiklist Nothing Pays Like New Dividend, kes on CNBC.com-i kommentaator ja endine Soros'e fondijuht. ja sait oli www.dailyspeculations.com

Tema artikleid on selles mõttes huvitav lugeda, et ta üritab oma hüpoteese alati testida...

• Can you please advice me, on which is the best option to trade physical gold or gold shares in Estonia? I am interested in trading place, broker fees and operation speed, as I am a daytrader.

Thank very much for your time,
    Egregor

Teemade nimekirja

Küpsised

Et pakkuda sulle parimat kasutajakogemust, kasutame LHV veebilehel küpsiseid. Valides "Nõustun", annad nõusoleku kõikide küpsiste kasutamiseks. Tutvu küpsiste kasutamise põhimõtetega.

pirukas_icon