Börsipäev 22.juuli - Investeerimine - Foorum - LHV finantsportaal

LHV finantsportaal

Foorum Investeerimine

Börsipäev 22.juuli

Kommentaari jätmiseks loo konto või logi sisse

• Uus päev, uus intsident Londonis -

Police have shot a suspected suicide bomber near a tube station in south London.
  • Ei taha halba kraaksuda, aga USAs on kuidagi vaikne olnud pikka aega ja kui nüüd London on oma laksud kätte saanud, siis võib halbu üllatusi mujaltki tulla. Crameri eilne saade oli kah just nö terrorismiaktsiatest ja mõned rääkis ta ilusti kuumaks.

Cramer's Terror Basket include: LLL, TMO, GEPT, STE, VISG, IDNX, CPHD, CAI.
  • euroopa CNBC näitab cramerit või ei?
  • krt, ei viitsi suvel kyll kell 1 tööd teha eriti.
  • euroopa CNBC ei näita ja helifail jõuab netti peale saate lõppu nii palju kui ma vaadanud olen. eile oli saade meie aja järgi 01.40 võrgus ja GEPT selle aja peale üle punkti plussis ;)
  • CAT'i kutsuti short-sell võimaluseks kui Cramer seda haipis. Ei kukkunudki ära. Aga samas on krdi raske uskuda, et GEPT püsima jääks.

sB
  • Pigem GEPT võib vabalt edasi rallida, 40m market cap, 7m float.
  • suvepäev, reede...london...the board is set and pieces are moving...:D
  • Cody Willard täna Rev Shark asemel:

Market Overstretched? The Proof's in the Profits

Earnings season has brought to light a whole lot of answers, the single biggest answer being: "How's business?" Business is good. Corporate America is killing it. Companies are cranking out the profits. The economy is strong and growing.

From UPS to Microsoft to Amgen to Pepsi, profits are hitting records. Likewise, sales are hitting records.

I start today's diary off with this simple snapshot to underscore a very important point: Nobody can anticipate when the economy and profits will sour. How long have we been hearing from the permabears that there's no more leverage in Corporate America's models? How long have we been hearing about how high inventory levels are going to undermine growth and margins? How long have we been told that the housing boom is a bubble and will be popped imminently?

I poked some fun at the permabear case the other day after the "Heard on the Street" column from the WSJ quoted one of the most high profile and influential permabears, Fred Hickey, saying essentially, "Just wait for the second half -- business at Intel will get really bad relative to expectations!" The permabears have long chastised CEOs at tech companies for saying "the second half will be strong" for years. Ironic, isn't it? (Heck, while we're talking permabear irony, can someone please explain to me why the author of a newsletter called the "High Tech Strategist" uses a fax machine as his distribution mechanism. And you want to sign up for the newsletter? Send a check in the mail, because you can't sign up on the Internet. I have a hard time giving credibility to someone who's supposed to be "high tech" but isn't -- not to mention that he's been so wrong for so long.)

As for the second half and Intel... heck, maybe Hickey's right. I certainly expect that the economy and tech earnings will turn south at some point. In fact, long-time readers know that since 2003 I've postulated that this current economic boom is likely to come undone around 2007 or 2008. Certainly, I could end up dead wrong, and the economy as well as Intel could end up in trouble later this year.

But we're not there right now. The economy is strong, and more importantly for investors, profits at Intel and Sandisk and Broadcom and Exxon and Wal-Mart and Urban Outfitters and Toll Brothers and oh-so-many other places are through the roof. It is what it is, man.

The fact that profits are strong and growing quickly means that valuations really aren't stretched in general. And that too is important, because it means we're not overpaying relative to the near-term earnings power of these companies. Investors aren't speculating on some pie-in-the-sky future when they buy Intel at 18 times trailing 12 months' earnings. Not that 18 times is screamingly cheap either, of course. It's just not speculative. It's realistic.

If and when profits start to erode and the current virtuous economic cycle turns vicious, we'll need to deal with that then. Perhaps the current environment is as good as it can get already. I just don't think it's wise to speculate that such is the case.

The futures are mostly looking flat this morning. The shooting of a suspected terrorist in a London subway is, once again, being overlooked. I have to say that these repeated attacks do make me a little uncomfortable being in NYC. Not that I'll change any of my actions or investments off that uncomfortability. More soon.

Net long SNDK

• Gapping Up

Gapping up on strong earnings/guidance: BRCM +15% (up in sympathy: MRVL +4%), GNSS +14%, INFA +9%, SNDK +7% (also Smith Barney upgrade), CMI +6%, FDRY +6%, BTUI +36%, HAL +4%... Other News: MTIX +21% (FDA approval), BEIQ +18% (to be acquired by Schneider), PHCC +7% (to be acquired by ESRX), DXPE +6% (extends yesterday's 67% move), CIB +7% (Mad Money mention), WPTE +5% (stock is still in play -- BWeek), RFMD +4% (Jefferies upgrade), MNTA +3.4% (prices follow-on offering), X +3% (Smith Barney upgrade), YHOO +1.2% (Prudential upgrade).... Security stocks continue momentum: GEPT +50% (extends yesterday's 16% rally; Mad Money mention), TBUS +13%, VISG +9%, SYNX +9%, IDNX +5%... Under $3: SPAB +11% (Shuttle sent to launch on Tuesday).

Gapping Down

Gapping down on disappointing earnings/guidance: GOOG -3.2%, MSFT -1.2%, LDIS -20%, AFFX -16%, TPX -15%, BEC -14%, PKTR -11%, ARBA -8%, HLIT -7%, SLAB -6.7%, VTSS -6%, RSAS -5.6%, WIT -4.5%, SWKS -3.3%, ISIL -2.7%... Other News: DNDN -6.6% (UBS downgrade), GIGA -4.8% (profit taking after 36% move yesterday), GILD -3.2% (UBS downgrade), TIVO -3% (JP Morgan downgrade), ADLR -1.1% (FDA wants more data on Entereg).... Under $3: SIFY -41%, AVNC -23% (strep throat drug fails to meet endpoints).
  • Hiljuti sai kirjutatud USA hädaabi 911 teemal ja firmast nimega Intrado (TRDO). Ise positsiooni aktsias ei soetanud, kuid jääb üle vaid kahetseda. Hetkel kaupleb $16.20 kandis

Firma kohta ka lugu eilses BusinessWeek'is: 

/(refereering briefing.com-st)/

According to BusinessWeek, Intrado has attracted some big hitters, such as Roy Disney and Stanley Gold of Shamrock Capital Advisors. What are Disney and Gold up to? Some pros sniff a move to shake up Intrado that may lead to the sale of the co. One investor close to Shamrock says Disney and Gold, who own 1m shares, or a 6.2% stake, "aren't in this just to make a couple of bucks on their stock." A corporate raider has also been buying shares, says one pro who did not want to be identified. Shamrock wants Intrado to boost its ROC. William Benton of William Blair rates Intrado Outperform because shareholder pressure could improve profitability. He says some private equity funds were interested in taking Intrado private even before the Disney move. He sees earnings of $0.54 in '05 and $0.55 in '06

Kalle Kose

• Kasiinopidaja Aztar (AZR) tegi eile läbi kahepunktise languse ja kobab taas capi toetusel.
    Majandustulemused teatati üleeile. Kasumit oli rohkem kui ootati, käive veidi väiksem, aga arvatakse, et viimastel kordadel investoreid mitte just rõõmustanud firma on peale laiendusi-uuendusi Atlantic Citys järjele saanud. Täna märgiti CNBC's AZRi kui head võimalust pikaks minemiseks.

Samas Dick Arms (kelle CHINA ostusoovituse ma jutu jätkuks sinna Nigeeria-teema alla kopisin ;) leiab tehnilist pilti vaadates, et kohevarsti võiks AZRis lühikeseks minna. Et kuna eilne allamüük oli ehk liiga palju, siis lähiajal võib tulla väikese käibega põrkeke ja siis paras langusele panustada.

* graafikut näeb kvaliteetsemalt endale kõvakettale salvestades
    Armsi joonis siin.

• Tervitused Londonist, ei saa kyll eriti aru, et siin midagi toimuks, vihma v6iks vahem sadada >)
  • Rupert Murdoch ütles USA tuleviku konverentsil et Indias on 90 miot telekat ja ainuke hea äri idamaades on tal olnud kaabliäri Indias.
    Kui india rahvaarvu veedata siis peaks arenguruumi veel olema ja sealseid kaablifirmasid ostma.

Teemade nimekirja

Küpsised

Et pakkuda sulle parimat kasutajakogemust, kasutame LHV veebilehel küpsiseid. Valides "Nõustun", annad nõusoleku kõikide küpsiste kasutamiseks. Tutvu küpsiste kasutamise põhimõtetega.

pirukas_icon